What is ShoutTawe?
Shouttawe is an interactive website that encourages creativity and direct involvement while providing information on activities and services available to the young people of Swansea.
The site operates within your Ten Entitlements (the rights of young people as set out by the Welsh Assembly Government) and is in line with the European Youth Information Charter.
Shouttawe is part of CLIC, the National Information And Advice Service for young people in Wales, which is currently in redevelopment and producing similar sites all over Wales.
As a registered user you have the opportunity to upload your own content and see it live. You can write articles, report on things that are going on in and around Swansea, be photographers, designers, or promote events and activities. Simply provide content on anything that you would like to see included on the website!
Who runs it?
ProMo-Cymru have been funded to deliver Shoutttawe in partnership with the Swansea Children And Young People’s Partnership. Media content is overseen by an Editor and an Editorial Group aged between 11-25 who meet regularly to make decisions on content and technical changes - if you are interested in joining the group or attending one of the meetings please see the section on how you can get involved.
What does it want?
Your content! Whatever you fancy sharing: news, reviews, creative writing, previews, features, or just let everyone know about your events or opinions. Use it to develop your journalistic skills. You have the ability to add videos from YouTube to news items, and can upload up to five images to accompany your story.
You can find organisations that provide activities and support in your area and also rate how young person friendly you feel an organisation has been towards you when using their service.
It also allows you to customise your homepage background. Check out the different themes already submitted on the left or here. If you're feeling creative, read our quick intro guide and submit your own.
So, in a nutshell:
What is Shouttawe?
- An interactive website and quarterly magazine offering information, news and advice to all young people aged 11 to 25 in Swansea
- It allows young people and organisations that work with them to upload articles, events, pictures, videos and background themes
- An Editorial Group of young people lead the development of the site
- Part of CLIC, the National Information And Advice Service in Wales
What's great about Shouttawe and CLIC?
- Content is created by you and the organisations that support your activities
- Allows you to say what you want and promotes your exchange of views
- Creates, develops and shares information locally and nationally
- Sharing multimedia showcases your creative ideas and skills
- Promotes participation and inclusion through youth-led editorial groups
- Works closely with youth information networks across Wales to share resources
- A platform for you and organisations to publicise your progress and achievements
- Highlight good ideas and practices for everyone to learn from
- You can find out about projects, and how to get involved from all across Wales
Shouttawe FAQ’s - your first call for all Shouttawe-related questions.